( NEW Garlic Bun Recipe )
This actually works, and is rather quick. The buns came out a little heavy, but I figure maybe if I let the yeast sit a little longer it might help.
* 1lb(ish) Ground beef, lean prefered
* 1 onion
* 3 cloves of Garlic
* dash of oil
* 3 Tbsp sugar
* 3 Tbsp yellow mustard
* 1/3 cup Ketchup
* Salt, pepper, chilli powder for taste
1. finely chop garlic and onion
2. Brown meat and onion in a deep skillet/frying pan
3. Drain juices from the pan
4. Add all other ingredients to the pan and cook on high for 3-5 minutes, constantly stirring. Do not let it burn!
5. Turn off heat but leave on burner. Cover with lid.
Really easy, inexpensive, and tasty.
The result? By the time I was done the meat the buns had been out of the oven long enough to be cut open. It was wonderful! Fed 3 people and there were enough leftovers for one more bun/meat. Total prep time before nomming? About 40 minutes.
Sorry, no pictures this time. they got eaten too fast.